|Written by Sam Joffray|
|Monday, 27 August 2007|
2020 St. Charles Avenue - 4th Floor
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
Fax: (504) 529-1622
Game Date and Time
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Kickoff- 7:15pm Central
Playing Surface: Sport Ex Momentum
$20 – Endzones
$40 – Sidelines
Contact: Mark Arata, Superdome Box Office Manger
Per Team Distribution
December 18, 2001
Colorado State 45, North Texas 20
MVP: Justin Gallimore Colorado State DB
December 17, 2002
North Texas 25, Cincinnati 19
MVP: Kevin Galbreath North Texas RB
December 16, 2003
Memphis 27, North Texas 17
MVP: Danny Wimprine Memphis QB
December 14, 2004
Southern Mississippi 31, North Texas 10
MVP: Michael Boley Southern Miss LB
December 20, 2005*
Southern Mississippi 31, Arkansas State 19
MVP: Shawn Nelson Southern Miss TE
* Game played at Cajun Field in Lafayette, LA due to Hurricane Katrina
December 22, 2006
Troy 41, Rice 17
MVP: Omar Haugabook Troy QB
December 21, 2007
Florida Atlantic 44, Memphis Tigers 27
MVP: Rusty Smith FAU QB
Chairman of the New Orleans Bowl Committee
Sheriff Paul Valteau
Orleans Parish Civil Sheriff
Attorney, Chehardy, Sherman, Ellis, Breslin and Murray
Dr. Myron Moorehead
Physician, Women's Laser Institute
COO, New Orleans Zephyrs
President/CEO, Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation
Interim Athletic Director, University of Louisiana-Lafayette
Commissioner: Britton Banowski
Sun Belt Conference
Commissioner: Wright Waters
New Orleans Bowl Awards
Winning Team: The winning team shall be presented the New Orleans Bowl trophy immediately following the game at the 50-yard line.
Runner-Up: The runner up will be presented the New Orleans Bowl runner up trophy. The team has the option of staying on the field and being awarded the trophy prior to the winning team presentation, or having the trophy presented to them in the locker room at the end of the game.
Most Outstanding Player Award: This award will be presented to the most outstanding player as voted on my members of the news media covering the event. The SID of the winner of this award shall be responsible for escorting the individual to the awards area. The presentation will be conducted immediately following the team awards.
New Orleans Bowl Watch (Retail value: $85.00)
New Orleans Bowl Ring/Pendant (Retail value: $250.00)
The New Orleans Bowl has been certified by the NCAA for December 21, 2008.
The regulations governing the New Orleans Bowl are as follows:
1. The eligibility rules governing individual participation and drug usage shall be as demanding for the participants in this post season event as those governing all NCAA Championship events.
2. An institution shall maintain all eligibility forms in its files and ensure that all student-athletes participating in this bowl game are eligible for participation.
3. The official rules of the NCAA shall govern the conduct of this game.
4. Officials for postseason football games, certified each year by the association shall be assigned under the jurisdiction of the NCAA and the CCA.
|Last Updated ( Wednesday, 12 November 2008 )|
|< Prev||Next >|
|Southern Miss News|
|Sun Belt News|
|Stats and Records|